Published December 11, 2015
Home Maintenance Checklist for Every Home
When the gardening season draws to a close this fall, it's time to begin working on projects outside of the house. Of course, no fall home maintenance checklist is complete without ensuring the inside of a home is warm and cozy on cool fall nights. Try adding these outdoor and indoor home improvements from Forbes Magazine:
3 OUTDOOR HOME PROJECTS
- ADDITIONAL LIGHTING - As the days get shorter, sprucing up walkways with ground lighting adds ambience as well as an added level of safety.
- WALK AND CAULK - Reducing energy bills, preventing drafts and keeping critters out of the house in the winter starts with a fresh bead of caulk around windows, siding and joints.
- MULCH GARDEN BEDS - Adding fresh mulch around landscaping can help protect perennial plants from the cold and reduce weeds next spring. It's a fall maintenance project that reduces work next summer.
3 INDOOR HOME PROJECTS
- FURNACE CLEAN AND CHECK - Your furnace is the heart of your home. It keeps it warm and cozy when the weather outside is cold and nasty. However, it needs a yearly checkup to ensure it doesn't stop working when you need it most. Call us today to have it properly inspected and cleaned.
- CHECK YOUR HUMIDIFIER - Ensure whole-home humidifiers have a clean water panel and are working properly. A water panel change is essential to maintaining your humidifier. Proper humidification protects wood floors, instruments, art and furniture from dry air. It can also have positive impacts on health and comfort. Air that is too dry causes static shock, itchy skin, sore throats and other health issues.
- IMPROVE AIR PURIFICATION - When fall begins, it's also a good reminder that it's time to replace air purifier filters. A whole-home air purifier can also trap fall allergens, and bacteria and viruses, helping to keep families healthy all year round.
Home maintenance in fall is essential to keeping family members safe and comfortable during the winter.